Sunday, February 27, 2011

stop the hate please

I didn't start this blog to be insulted and called a bad mother. I started this blog to make sense of my feelings and my addiction without being hated on or discriminated against. If it's a "disease" like the commenters claim, then why the hate? To use one commenter's analogy, you wouldn't call a cancer patient a bad mother for having cancer. It's just rude is what it is. I don't spew hatred and judgement on any other blogs. Why the disdain for lil SJ? Does anyone believe they are helping in any way by calling me a bad mother while not knowing anything about me besides less than a month of very selective excerpts from my life? Didn't anyone's mother ever teach them that if they didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

I'm not living with my parents because I'm on drugs, I'm living with my parents so I can finish college. I'm not the only college student to ever do this, I reckon, especially since I'm a single mother. And my daughter's father was a sweet, loving, caring (so I thought) non-addict who deserted us as soon as she was born. She sees him every other Friday and he pays child support. He has another girlfriend and another child now, and I don't want to force sweet little R on anyone. I want the people in her life to WANT to spend time with her and to love her without anyone making them. I don't want R to be a burden on anyone. She's too special for that.

Please stop with the negativity. It's unhelpful at best and cruel at worst.

1 comment:

  1. It's not hate. It's reality. There is no sugar coating drug addiction especially if there is a small child involved. I don't hate you, I hate the disease and what it does to you and I hate your refusal to seek help. That's all. I have seen too many bad outcomes of your scenario that could have been prevented. Children and drugs don't mix. If drug addiction was justifyable, you would have told your parents a long time ago. Living under their roof and doing drugs is not acceptable and you know it.

    ReplyDelete